Kea Cookies Vegan Lemon Pie
KEA COOKIES VEGAN LEMON PIE
Recipe adapted from the Minimalist Baker
Here’s a great tasting Vegan Lemon Pie with Kea Cookies Lemon Coconut cookies:
- 1 ¼ cups Kea Cookies crumbs (we used Lemon Coconut, but you can choose your favourite flavour)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours (or overnight) then drained
- 3/4 cup light or full-fat coconut milk, well shaken
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3-4 large lemon (1 Tbsp zest, 1/2 cup juice)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
Preheat oven to 190oC and line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Put cookies into a food processor and process until you achieve a fine meal. Then add melted coconut oil and pulse to combine.
- Distribute evenly among muffin tins and press down with a glass or spoon to flatten. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more lemon zest/juice for more tart, or more syrup for sweetness.
- Pour filling into muffin tins and tap on counter to release air bubbles. Sprinkle some lemon zest on top and loosely cover.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer for 10-15 minutes to thaw before serving. Will keep covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, though best when fresh.