5 facts about Easter
….you may or may not know!
- The tallest Easter egg chocolate was made in Italy in 2011. It stood at 10.39 meters and weighed 7,200 kg.
- Which part of the chocolate bunny do you eat first? Over three quarters (76%) of people eat the ears on the chocolate bunny first, 5 percent go for the feet and 4 percent for the tail. (We’re not sure what the remaining 15% eat first)
- The idea of the Easter bunny and eggs is said to have originated in Germany during the middle ages.
- Easter does not have a fixed date. Instead, it falls on or after the winter equinox, March 21. From there it is calculated following the cycle of the moon.
- The term Easter gets its name from Eastre, the Anglo-Saxon goddess who symbolizes the hare and the egg.
Have a safe and dry Easter.